Society today has been dramatically transformed by the digital revolution. Nowadays, it’s impossible to get through your day without using technology, whether it’s communicating with a friend, checking your email, performing your business roles, downloading music, or tracking your fitness goals. Recent statistics show that half the world now has access to, and are spending a considerable time on the Internet. Advancements such as the Internet of Things (IoT) have succeeded in interconnecting devices. Mobile computing smart devices have made it possible for people to access data and information from wherever they may find themselves.
The corporate world has not been left behind and has also followed the digital revolution to run their operations. Emerging Technologies such as e-businesses, e-commerce integrated with social media platforms, and other digital operations are increasingly on the rise. According to a recent study concerning the European Union states, over 50 percent prefer shopping online and more than 51 percent smartphone owners use online banking. Customers don’t want to line up to access goods and services. Thus, if your business is yet to embrace the digital shift, you will only lag behind.
Benefits of Digital Operational Management for Your Business
Contemporary businesses need to use technology to gain a competitive advantage. Digital revolution is changing the way companies manufacture products, serve customers, manage operations, interact with stakeholders, engage and support their staff and more. Every business is, or soon will be, a digital business.
Some benefits that your business will obtain through implementing digital operations management include customer and employee satisfaction, business processes and business performance insights, existing client’s engagement opportunities that provide business outcome re-shaping and reduced costs and errors, and enhanced compliance and mobility. Click here for more information on this.
Emerging Digital Operations and How They are Transforming Businesses
Here are some of the digital technologies that are changing business operations and how they are doing it:
- Business automation. Involves computerizing business processes using technology to reduce costs. Businesses are now achieving automation by implementing integrated business software applications to perform business operations throughout the organization.
- Analytics. Encompasses the process of systematically exploring a company’s data and information. Companies are implementing analytics through the use of business analytics applications to get data patterns and trends that enable informed decisions.
- Cloud computing. Comprises of the ability of an organization to get access to software, infrastructure and storage facilities over the Internet. Companies make use of third party service providers to get access to software solutions, IT infrastructure, and data storage facilities for data and information.
- Social Media. Involves creating social pages and accounts for business communication. Firms are now actively using social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and more to engage current and prospective customers.
- Mobile Computing. Involves the use of mobile computing devices to perform business operations. Companies now make use of smart phones, laptops, and other mobile devices to access and carry out business tasks which thus allow employees to work remotely.
The digital revolution is here to help us better run and manage our businesses for improved productivity. As a business manager or a business owner, you can only ignore the digital change at your own risk.